Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Reverb catch up....

I've tried to stay so faithful to my reverb project (what is it...check it out here)

But...with the holidays and traveling through many different states to see everyone we're related to...i fell behind...so here's my catch up post!

December 25 Prompt
December 25 – Photo – a present to yourself
Sift through all the photos of you from the past year. Choose one that best captures you; either who you are, or who you strive to be. Find the shot of you that is worth a thousand words. Share the image, who shot it, where, and what it best reveals about you.




It's not the most flattering picture, nor is it one where I look at myself and think, wow, I look good, but this picture is in one of my favorite spots, with some of my favorite people, taken by my absolute favorite person at my favorite time of year, so it's got to be my favorite picture from 2010.

This picture was taken by Mr. Allan. Every year since we've practically met, we go to Martha's Vineyard for a week with a bunch of our friends that we met in Newport. One of my favorite spots in Martha's Vineyard is Aquinnah or more commonly known as GayHead beach. We head down there, relax, drink on the beach, and mingle with the nudists that hang out there (if you look real close you might see a bare ass in the background)...well, we just set up camp on the side of them. This year, my sisters came down for the weekend. It was great to share our vacation with them, even if it was just for the weekend that they came. I might not see who I strive to be in the picture or maybe it's not worth a thousand words, but it's my absolute favorite time of the year. One where I can truly relax, forget about work, our responsibilities etc.

December 26 – Soul Food

What did you eat this year that you will never forget? What went into your mouth & touched your soul?

This is a hard one. I'm pretty strict with my diet. I try to be really good and deprive myself of sweets and indulgences, alot. On Mr. Allan's birthday, I was a bit stumped on where to go and what to do. It seemed like we had tried every restaurant in our area, I knew he wanted something low key and to just spend time with me. On the suggestion of a friend, I chose to go to the Matunuck Oyster Bar. It's not something that would normally peak my interest. I'm not a big fish eater. I've tried and liked a couple things thanks to Mr. Allan who could eat fish every day. He typically eats it every time we go out, since I never make it at home. On the urging of Mr. Allan, we ordered an appetizer of Pan Roasted Littlenecks with white beans and chourico. I never ate a littleneck, I checked it out for a bit and gave it a try and it was the best thing I ate the whole year long. We loved this dish and mopped up the broth with our bread and savored every bit of it. It was also my favorite meal because it was so cute to see my beaming husband, so proud of himself, that he got me to eat something that came out of the water and that I actually liked it!

December 27 – Ordinary Joy


Our most profound joy is often experienced during ordinary moments. What was one of your most joyful ordinary moments this year?

I have lots of silly moments that are etched in my mind. Really ordinary stuff, or stupid stuff that someone might scratch their head at, but that I love to relive in my mind. So..here's one of my ordinary moments that makes me smile from the past year.

Every Friday night, Mr. Allan and I head to a local bar/restaurant down the street for dinner. It kind of makes me feel like a little old couple catching the blue light special. Our neighbor told us about this place..that the food was decent, the drinks had a good pour, and it's the place to go to get the neighborhood gossip. I'm glad she did, because from the looks of the outside, I would have probably passed judgment and never gone inside.

Lately, I've been ordering a side salad and a veggie pizza. I only eat half of the personal sized pizza and they box up the rest for me to bring home. One night, we drove the 3 minute drive home and I took out my contacts, got ready for bed and laid down. Mr. Allan came in the bedroom with a little smirk and kept giggling. He got into bed and he immediately smelled like roasted red peppers. I sat up and pointed a finger at him and said ...You totally just ate my leftovers. I'm not sure if I was more shocked that he ate a full dinner and then ate more, or that we finished, and five minutes after we leave, he's eating again.

So, now it's become a friday night joke. One week, he had a piece in his mouth before we pulled out of the parking lot, another week the garage door wasn't even shut. Might sound silly, but I can never order anything else because I'm always waiting for his new way to sneak a piece of pizza in his mouth before we're home.

December 28 – Achieve


What’s the thing you most want to achieve next year? How do you imagine you’ll feel when you get it? Free? Happy? Complete? Blissful? Write that feeling down. Then, brainstorm 10 things you can do, or 10 new thoughts you can think, in order to experience that feeling today.

It was a goal of 2010 that wasn't achieved, so I'm setting it for 2011..to become debt free. The finish line is in site and I can't imagine the weight that will be lifted off my shoulders when I have no more credit card debt to worry about. I imagine when the last bill is paid off, I will cry like a baby. I can't fathom what I'll do with the extra money left over..it might feel like i won the lottery.













No comments:

Post a Comment