Monday, December 13, 2010

Decmber 12 Prompt

ok..i'm a day late, but only because I was in recovery mode from quite the excellent evening out at Oceancliff's Holiday Gala on Saturday night!

December 12 Prompt
Prompt: Body integration. This year, when did you feel the most integrated with your body? Did you have a moment where there wasn't mind and body, but simply a cohesive YOU, alive and present?

I have such a hard time relaxing, letting go and not allowing my mind to race and take over. Ever when I lay down at night to go to sleep I'm making lists in my head, thinking all there is to do etc. There are probably only two moments this year where I can think that I let go, put my mind to rest and felt alive, relaxed, and whole.

On my birthday this year, Mr. Allan was away on a business trip, due to fly back on my actual birthday, missed his flight and ended up flying in after dinner. It was a horrid, rainy day and my sister and I went to a spa to treat ourselves. I received the most amazing hot stone massage. I've gotten plenty of massages before when I'm worried what's showing, where they're touching me etc. This one, I let go and was the most peaceful I've been in quite some time, not worrying about anything whatsoever.

In November, I signed up for a 5 hour yoga seminar with a famous yogi, Shiva Rea. She taught one of my favorite yoga instructors, and this instructor convinced me to sign up. I didn't know anyone there, except for a few I pass by at the gym. I was a little intimidated since I had only been practicing yoga for 10 months or so. After I settled in, this seminar became a very demanding yet spiritual experience. My body could do things I never imagined it could, last in poses I never dreamed I could reach, and the experience made me appreciate my body and the things it could do. At the end of the seminar, Shiva Rea had us close our eyes and let loose, allowing our bodies to move in any which way shape or form. I'm not one to really shake it and let loose, but let myself get caught up in this ultimate moment of release.

No comments:

Post a Comment