Wednesday, December 15, 2010

December 15 Prompt

Prompt: 5 minutes. Imagine you will completely lose your memory of 2010 in five minutes. Set an alarm for five minutes and capture the things you most want to remember about 2010.

Things I want to remember most about 2010:
1) celebrating my anniversary...so many special moments and that night away with Mr. Allan came at such a crucial time where we so desperately needed it since, unfortunately, 2010 was the most time away from Mr. Allan we've seen in our relationship since he traveled so much

2) 2 special moments with my best friend and other friends...laughing about a french horn this past Saturday night...i don't remember why it was so funny but it was the type of joke that had me crying...and dancing the night away one night this summer...I know we don't get to hang out as much now that kids, marriage, jobs etc get in the way...but when we do..my oh my is it a good time!

3) Martha's vineyard. Our annual camping trip turned into renting a house for a week...but I was glad that my sisters came along for a weekend and could share in a trip that Mr. Allan and I go on every year..hopefully you guys will be along for the ride this year as well!

4) working on casa de allan. Mr. Allan and I kind of suck at home improvements. Between Columbus day and thanksgiving we set a goal of some sprucing up. We probably wanted to stab each other in the eye with paintbrushes during this time, but the satisfaction of looking at our finished product is priceless.

5) spending the last week with my step dad. It was the hardest time of this past year. My sister and I took time out of work and stayed in western, ma with my mom and step dad. I will treasure the last moments we had with him forever....there were tough times and then some funny times too....the password is password...and answering our jeopardy questions.

6) waking up everyday I can with Mr. Allan on the side of me. Today was a particularly nice morning...the cats weren't knocking over lamps, it was bitterly cold last night, and I woke up with Mr. Allan all cute, sleepy and snuggled in our flannel sheets. Might not be an earth shattering memory..but one of my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment