Friday, December 24, 2010

December 24 Prompt

Prompt: Everything's OK. What was the best moment that could serve as proof that everything is going to be alright? And how will you incorporate that discovery into the year ahead?

There are so many moments where I thought the sky was falling down on me this year. I've had many Chicken Little moments. I have little to zero patience. When I first started dating Mr. Allan, I'll never forget one of my impatient first moments he witnessed. I had heard so many good things about Potstickers from Trader Joe's. I grabbed a bag, at the time there was no Trader Joe's close by and we had made a special trip on the trek home from somewhere. I went to cook the potstickers and they stuck to the pan and were this horrible mess. Mr. Allan tried to intervene and I swore at the potstickers, snatched the pan from the ghetto stove in our Newport apt that worked when it felt like it and opened the trash and threw them away. I forget if Mr. Allan looked at me in disbelief or started laughing. We have a private joke about and call these my "Snickers" moments. It's usually followed by Mr. Allan crying..."Snickers, don't jump into the lake"

I must say, this year I feel like I've gotten a handle on my level of patience. I knew everyone was waiting for me to swear like a sailor over something at Thanksgiving...but alas, I held my tongue and probably counted to ten in my head.

I think in general, I have Mr. Allan to fall back on. When I was hysterically crying over something a few weeks ago, he enters the picture and calms my crazy as we say. I think just knowing I have my best friend by my side for the rest of my life makes everything, no matter how big or how small, seem like it's going to be okay.


No comments:

Post a Comment