Thursday, December 23, 2010

December 22 Prompt

Prompt: Travel. How did you travel in 2010? How and/or where would you like to travel next year?

I didn't travel much in 2010. 2009 was a big year, we paid for a wedding and took a fabulous 2 week honeymoon to Hawaii where we pulled out all the stops with fabulous adventures and 5 star hotels. 2010 was a recovery year and travel was one thing that didn't happen.

I did not get on an airplane at all in 2010. The only travel I did was locally. In July, Mr. Allan and I went on our annual trip to Martha's Vineyard. We rented a house with friends for a week. I love and treasure this trip as it's something that Mr. Allan introduced me to and something we've done every year since we've known each other with the exception of one summer, when I had to take the RI and MA bar exams. This year, my two sisters joined us for a weekend. I'm glad I got to share this trip with them and hope to see them again this summer.

The only other small trips we took this year were to CT for our anniversary. We were only away a night but it was a fantastic night!

In 2011 we are going to Mexico (Merry Christmas Mr. Allan!!!). I CAN NOT wait. Usually we like to take trips where we explore, look for things off the beaten path etc. This trip is the exact opposite. It's a high end all inclusive resort where we don't need to plan a thing. The trip is coming a week before Mr. Allan leaves for a long business trip, so it'll be bittersweet to have  fantastic tropical vacation before he goes away!

No comments:

Post a Comment