Thursday, January 27, 2011

I Am Superwoman

Ok, I'll admit it. When I woke up this morning and saw my yard, I got very discouraged. As I started the looming task of shoveling my 100+ foot long driveway, I got very frustrated. So frustrated, I started to cry. There was NO way I was going to be able to do this by myself, especially with a foot of heavy wet snow. After my pity party, I started to get some momentum going. After 2.5 hours of shoveling....I'm amazed at what I was able to accomplish by myself with my snow shovel.

I opened my garage to see this...apparently my shoveling last night did squat


I went outside at 6:45am. No dilly dallying...I had a cup of coffee, watched the news for five minutes and out I went. At 9:20....this was what I accomplished...Mr. Allan's side didn't get shoveled out...frankly, he's on his own since he's probably laughing from his hotel room on a business trip picturing his wife, swearing like a sailor shoveling herself out.

As we turn the corner, the next portion.....


and..the rest almost up to the road...yes, we have a long ass driveway


So after my herculean effort, I feel a little like Super Woman. Super Woman with a sore back, a blister under my wedding rings from shoveling, and a runny nose, but still amazed at my feat. I would like to say thank you to my nice neighbor with the industrial looking snow blower who came over during my last 5 minutes of shoveling and helped me clear the mailbox....the help was much appreciated...next time as I'm shoveling out that solid rock ice crap the plow leaves 2 feet of for you at the end of your driveway...I'm going to look extra pathetic to elicit help :)

No comments:

Post a Comment