Friday, January 21, 2011

The Best Hummus Ever & Snack of the Week!

Growing up in good old Woonsocket, RI, I don't think I ever heard of or knew what hummus was. I didn't think I really grew up under a rock, but it was a food that didn't fit in the hotdog or pasta category, so therefore, we probably didn't eat it as kids. One of the great things about Mr. Allan, is that he introduced me to some different foods, one of them being hummus. He'd do weird stuff, like take half a tub of hummus and mix it with tuna, and I'd look at him like he had five heads. But, once he put the can of tuna aside, the hummus part wasn't so bad. Once I found out it was actually a healthy snack, it's stock went up in my book.

So, I've tried and tested many hummuses since my big discovery that I actually liked it..everything from 40 spices to tomato and basil to plain old garlic. Nothing compares to this hummus...Whole Foods Roasted Red Pepper Hummus. It doesn't have that overly creamy maybe this isn't good for me taste that some hummuses have. It's flavorful, has a great texture and it tastes so good that I can put away my Stacy's Pita Chips and just dip veggies in it.


Every Friday after work, I hit up my local Whole Foods to grab meat and sale items and this goes into the cart every time. One week, they ran out of it and I almost went berserk in the store and probably looked like a lunatic when I marched up to the service desk inquiring if they had any in the back...but gotta have my hummus..and it was scary because I kind of reminded myself of my mom :)...love you mom!

So, my snack of the week...Whole Food's Hummus and these bad boys..Stacy's Pita Chips...I have a love affair with these...I've tried to back off and not buy them because I have no self control when a bag of chips opens and Mr. Allan has less than me. So, one week it's carrots, celery, cucumbers and peppers with the hummus and the next I'll buy some Stacy's Pita Chips.


Stacy's Pita Chips are sold everywhere...from BJ's to Stop and Shop to Whole Foods etc. A healthier alternative if you're hooked on Lays!

No comments:

Post a Comment