Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Some finds at Ann Taylor loft....

I haven't been feeling the Loft lately. It used to be my go to store to buy something that was somewhat classic with a little bit of a trendy flare to it. But, there's just been a bunch of really bad dresses with full skirts that don't do me any justice. I like a couple drapey cardigans but I feel like that's all they had all winter. Everything kind of looked the same. I had many gift cards burning a big hole in my pocket..and every time I went in, I just couldn't find anything that I thought I'd wear more than once or twice.

Before our Mexican vacation...I decided to pop in real quick since my summer wardrobe consisted of shorts and Old Navy tank tops and not much in between. On a whim, I grabbed two shirts and they became my favorite items I packed while we were away. I'm a bigger chested gal...so flowy or draped shirts or anything remotely peasant-looking usually makes me look like I'm wearing maternity clothes....but this shirt I fell in LOVE with. I paired with with some white linen capris from Banana Republic, I paired it with khakis on the plane ride home, then our first day back, we did some laundry and I wore it with jeans and boots out to dinner with friends. So, in a nutshell..I totally got my $29.50 out of this bad boy already.

Why I loved it so much....after a day of drinking probably one too many mojitos at the pool and maybe catching a little too much sun on my stomach...stupid different bikini tops left me with some major burnage under the boobs....it was light, airy, but at the same time the top around the chest draped nicely to show off the assets...the waist also has a line band of elastic on it, so it hung and draped just like it does on the model. I bought a purple-ish color and I'm thinking i might need another...I originally tried on the white...but it was a little too see through for the type of bras I wear...

This was the runner up...I liked the fit of the first better...but this was the ultimate shirt to travel in. I threw on a white tank under it and a pair of loose fitting khakis and the shoes that won my buy me for Mexico contest...a pair of Jack Roger sandals. It was so comfortable. It did give me a little too much room in the stomach/waist area...so hopefully the people in the boarding line with us weren't trying to guess if I was with child...


So, Ann Taylor Loft restored a little bit of faith in me...for a while, I just couldn't find squat in that store. Plus...the $25 off a $50 purchase coupons I earned after buying these two bad boys didn't hurt either!

No comments:

Post a Comment