Monday, September 12, 2011

What's a girl to do when she has boat loads of zucchini? Why make a zucchini pizza. My first idea was to use some goat cheese and load up the pizza with tons of veggies. I splurged and bought a local fresh goat cheese at my grocery store. Mr. Allan and I cut some veggies and then I was flabbergasted to open my $10 goat cheese to find mold all over it. I double checked the date and was soooo mad to see that it was a good week before the expiration. So, Plan B came into play. We're not big cheese eaters...the only thing we had...Parmesan cheese. Luckily I'm a little squirrel like and stockpile other things..like homemade pesto in the freezer. The final product...a pesto, zucchini, pepper pizza topped with Parmesan...and I must say..it was pretty good!

I've been using these crusts all summer. It's so easy to make a great grilled pizza and 1/4 of the pizza crust is only 130 calories and 1 gram of fat. I always opt for the whole wheat one!
I buy mine at Whole Foods market..some stores sell them in the freezer section..other near the bakery items.

and..in case you're wondering...the grocery store I purchased my $10 local goat cheese at is on the side of my gym. One Saturday morning before kickboxing class, I got there early to return the moldy goat cheese. The service desk lady told me she couldn't do anything for me because I didn't save my receipt. I told her I don't save my grocery receipts because I don't expect goat cheese to be a moldy mess..especially the $10 ones..did I mention I mention I spent $10 on this little tub of stupid cheese! She told me she could do an even exchange...I told her I was headed to kickboxing, it was 75 degrees out and I didn't want goat cheese hanging out in my hot Toyota. I asked for her manager who gave me a $10 gift card...argghhh...still sour over the moldy cheese...only because I waffled back and forth whether to spring for the good local stuff..and look how that ended up!

No comments:

Post a Comment