Thursday, September 22, 2011

Pumpkin Mousse

it's the perfect fall dessert...one of our favorites and an occasional treat I make for Mr. Allan. I go into absolute pumpkin overload once September hits and I realize it's time to pack up the bathing suits, quit caring about how dark my legs are and come to terms with the fact that I have to start wearing pantyhose and closed toe shoes to work again. So, this recipe came out of the archives. It's pretty low calorie but I don't make it a ton because it has some ingredients I try to stay away from...fake stuff like fat free cool whip and such. I've tried to think of some alternatives...but nothing has quite worked out for me yet!

So...here's the old go to maybe not the healthiest thing for you but at least low cal pumpkin mousse recipe!

Pumpkin Mousse
from some Weight Watcher meeting somewhere

1 can of pure pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
1 cup skim milk (you can use any kind..I used Almond Milk)
1 pkg sugar free fat free pudding (vanilla or butterscotch work best)
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tub of fat free cool whip

whisk together pudding and milk. Add pumpkin and spice. Fold in cool whip. Chill and serve with a dollop of cool whip and an additional sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice.

Just a couple notes...if you want it more mousse like and a little less pumpkin...you can reduce the pumpkin to 1 cup, the milk to 1/2 cup and the cool whip to 1 cup. There are a million variations of this recipe..so play around with it until you get a consistency you like!


1 comment: