Tuesday, August 2, 2011

J Lo on Vanity Fair

I was quite shocked by this celebrity split..only because a mere 6 weeks prior, Marc Anthony was singing on American Idol as J Lo shimmied herself up and down his leg. They looked like they were enjoying themselves and not that trouble was brewing. Even though I was shocked...my sister is absolutely devastated as she has been a long standing J Lo fan since before the days of Bennifer.

A couple weeks post split announcement through a joint press release..J Lo is speaking in an article in the September issue of Vanity Fair.


J Lo reveals..."It’s not that I didn't love myself before. Sometimes we don't realize that we are compromising ourselves. To understand that a person is not good for you, or that that person is not treating you in the right way, or that he is not doing the right thing for himself – if I stay, then I am not doing the right thing for me. I love myself enough to walk away from that now. Sometimes it doesn’t work – and that's sad. But I remain an eternal optimist about love. I believe in love" and also goes on to say..."I will always respect Marc as a singer and performer. He will always be in our lives. He will always hold a special place in my heart as the father of my children. [As for me] I am positive, determined to move forward with my life, bring up my babies, and do the best job I can as a mother, entertainer, and person. I now look forward to new challenges. I feel strong."

1 comment:

  1. I really really relate to her saying "I loved myself enough to walk away..." Any woman who's had t leave a marriage due a dealbreaker (which I sense is the case here) has had the realization of "If I stay, I won't be able to look myself in the mirror..."

    ReplyDelete