Monday, November 22, 2010

A better carrot recipe....

So, we're 4 days before the big cooking extravaganza I eat way too much and feel like a beached whale holiday called Thanksgiving. Four days before and I'm still testing recipes. Last night I made Mr. Allan a pot roast and thought..let me sneak in one more recipe for carrots to see if I like it better.

So...of course I did...scrap my allrecipes Honey Glazed Carrots and hello Epicurious' Honey Glazed Balsamic Carrots...Here's what my pot o carrots looked like fresh out of the oven. Notice how clean my oven is and I will again apologize to Mr. Allan for my freak out omigod the oven door is broken, heat is leaking out, Thanksgiving is ruined moment last night.


Honey Glazed Balsamic Carrots

2 pounds carrots (1 to 1 1/2 inches in diameter), peeled, halved lengthwise
2 pounds parsnips (1 to 1 1/2 inches in diameter), peeled, halved lengthwise (I omitted the parsnips because I'm dealing with some picky guests on Thursday!)

6 tablespoons olive oil (I used 3 Tbsp because I didn't use parsnips)
1 1/2 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar

Drizzle Olive oil over carrots. Roast at 400 degrees for 10 minutes (mine took 25). In a saucepan melt butter, add honey and vinegar. Stir until smooth and then pour over carrots once they're done cooking.

Just a note...this was a tab buttery for my taste. But, again, I'm a healthy do - gooder who thinks butter, cheese and any fat is the devil. Mr. Allan wasn't bothered by the butter but next time I might cut the butter down to 1 tbsp so it doesn't overwhelm the honey taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment