Friday, May 21, 2010

Grilling Time!


Last year at this time, we were in full on wedding mode. My older sister got married in June, we got married in October. My whole family was in full steam ahead mode with showers, weddings, and what not. Needless to say, our poor yard got neglected. I always wonder why we decided to buy a house with such a massive yard. Living in downtown Newport on a tiny skinny street, I'd wake up in the morning, throw on my robe, go to the refrigerator and look to my left and the old man next door was eating his grapenuts at his kitchen table maybe 10 feet from me in my house. So, we decided to go the exact opposite and buy a massive lot of land.

The past couple weekends we've had the daunting task of weeding, raking, mulching, shoveling gravel..you name it. One bright spot came out last night....the deck is powerwashed and stained, so it was wash off the patio furniture take it out of hiding and put it out game last night.

After that...we opened the grill. I LOVE grilling..everything seems healthier and tastier.

Here's a sneak peak of our dinner last night....


Sweet Potatoe Fries. Take 2 large sweet potatoes. I wash them, then slice them into large fry-like chunks. I steam them for a couple minutes in the microwave, then brush them with olive oil and throw some Essence seasoning (It's from Emeril) or Old Bay Seasoning and grill them up

Veggie Kabobs and some steak....hmmmm



No comments:

Post a Comment