Monday, March 12, 2012

Still Loving Skinny Taste...

I seldom go into my kitchen and create stuff from absolute scratch..maybe once in a while..but I mostly get my recipes from blogs and websites. I have a huge folder on my work computer full of bookmarks of recipes I've tagged that go into the must try category. Lucky for me, my husband will eat anything I put in front of him. He never complains if it stinks, or if I become obsessed with one thing...like zucchini enchiladas..and we eat it weekly. So, most of the recipes I post on here are things that we've tried and I decide are good enough or something unique and different that I feel compelled to share. You'll also probably notice that I get really excited when I find a good site and the things I try off of it are all really good.

So, I might sound like a broken record...but I am seriously enjoying almost everything I've made on http://www.skinnytaste.com/

Another thing we enjoyed this past week...Arugula Salad with Penne, Chick Peas and Sundried Tomato. A friend on a message board posted about it...I read it and got somewhat excited since I had every ingredient but one in the house. Yes, it might be sad that things like that excite me..but to each his own.

Another big plus about this dish...I used it as a side dish..it kind of has a little bit of everything..then it was lunch the next day as well. The portions were huge and I loved that it complimented some steak we grilled and then stood alone as a dish by itself the next day as well. I was a little scared that we needed to eat it all in one night and feared the arugula would get weird and wilted and I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole..it would be like eating salad with dressing the next day..blechh. But, the arugula stayed nice and fresh for a good 2 days after I made it.

So...here's Skinny Taste's Arugula Salad with Penne...

getting mixed in my mixing bowl....

For slightly more appetizing pictures since I take all of mine with the handy cellphone cam...check out the original recipe here


Ingredients
3 cups baby arugula
6 oz Ronzoni Smart Taste penne pasta  (I used Whole Wheat Pasta from Trader Joe's)
1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar (I used a fig balsamic which was sooo good!)
salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
1 cup canned garbanzo beans (chick peas), rinsed and drained
4 tbsp Parmigiano Reggiano, freshly shaved (I just used fresh grated)

Boil pasta and then rinse in cold water. Toss with all the ingredients and Enjoy! This makes 4 generous servings.

Just a note...if you have leftovers..I found the next day that the oil and vinegar absorbed into the pasta quite a bit and added an extra dash of each to freshen up the leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment