Monday, November 21, 2011

Skinny Taste Zucchini Enchiladas

 I know..everyone's talking turkey this week. Last night I went grocery shopping for the big eating holiday on Thursday also known as Thanksgiving. Smart move #1...go grocery shopping at or after dinnertime..no crowds whatsoever. But, besides the turkey, a million fresh herbs and all the other fixings..I also needed dinner for Monday thru Wednesday as well. I've written about a couple good recipes I've gotten off of www.skinnytaste.com. But, this one is my favorite from the site. I made it a couple weeks ago and we had it again last night. It's not too bad of a recipe, maybe 20-30 minutes prep and 20 minutes to cook.

Zucchini enchiladas right before they were popped in the oven...my sprinkling of cilantro is a little sad looking..but the cutting board was washed and the cilantro back in the fridge by the time I realized I should've chopped a bit more..

my dinner plate last night...it might not look like a gourmet meal but they were good!


Zucchini Enchiladas

cooking spray
1 tsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 medium scallions, chopped
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
2 medium zucchinis, grated
kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
1 1/2 cups grated reduced fat mexican blend cheese
4 Large La Tortilla Factory Low Carb tortillas
chopped scallions (optional)
chopped cilantro (optional)
* I also added a can of black beans
 
Enchilada sauce:
1 garlic cloves, minced
1 tbsp chipotle chilis in adobo sauce (optional for more heat)
1 cups tomato sauce
1/4 tsp chipotle chili powder (to taste)
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1/2 cup fat free vegetable broth
kosher salt and fresh pepper to taste

To make the Enchilada sauce...I threw everything in a small sauce pan first. It simmered while I prepped the filling. Just stir it occasionally.

For the filling: Saute zucchini, garlic, and scallions. Add salt and pepper to taste. (I then added the black beans at this point) After about 5-7 minutes, remove from heat and mix in 1/2 cup cheese. Place filling in a tortilla, roll up and place in a casserole dish seam down. Once all the tortillas are filled (the original recipe makes 4, with the addition of the beans, I made 5 enchiladas). Cover with the enchilada sauce and top with additional cheese, scallions and cilantro. Bake at 400 for 20 minutes.


Servings: 4 • Serving Size: 1 large enchilada •
Calories: 258.7 • Fat: 13.5 g • Protein: 22 g • Carb: 30.2 g • Fiber: 16.9 g

No comments:

Post a Comment