Thursday, November 3, 2011

I know its all over the news...I'm a celebrity news junkie so I'm loving all the headlines about Kim Kardashian and her 72 day marriage. I just managed to finish her 4, yes 4, hour wedding special...it was so long I never had that big of a chunk of time to sit down and watch it. I think it's kind of funny that the day I finish watching it, Kim files for divorce.

I can't say there weren't some pretty alarming things in that silly fairytale wedding special...sure I liked all the wedding stuff...shopping at Vera Wang, looking for a venue...but there were some big red flags there too...her fiance telling her that she doesn't care who she marries and any guy could be inserted into his spot...or maybe the fact that they weren't even really speaking at their rehearsal dinner?

but...the headlines have been fun to read....I'll probably be guilty of buying US, People, and OK magazine this week....one of my favorites...


My other favorite figures....breaking down the Kardashian wedding in numbers...

  How many months K & K knew each other before getting engaged: 6
• How many months they were engaged: 3
• How much Kim made from the wedding thanks to magazine deals, etc: $17.9m
• How much she therefore made per hour of the 72-day marriage, as calculated by New York Times'  
  investigative journalist Don van Natta Jr: $10,358.80
• The current minimum wage in California: $8 an hour
• How many hours the E! special of their wedding lasted: 4
• How many months E! spent promoting the wedding, daily: 3
• How many months they were actually married: 2½
• Kim & K's wedding cost: $10m
• Donald Trump's last wedding: $1m
• Price tag on one vase on K & K's wedding list: $7,5
• How much the wedding cake cost: $6,000
• How many Vera Wang wedding dresses Kim had for the wedding: 3
• How much each wedding dress cost: $20,000
• How much her mother Kris spent on a face lift for the wedding: $50,000

So a $10 million dollar wedding...they were married for 72 days...so every day of their marriage roughly cost about $138,000.

The profits...although she is denying she didn't make a dime...all the profits made from selling the pictures and 4 hour specials are estimated to have netted her around $17.9 million dollars...so she made around $250,000 for every day she was married.

I'm still on the fence whether I think it was a sham or not...part of me, after watching the lovely 4 hour wedding special, thinks she was 31 and just wanted to get married...it probably didn't matter who asked her...on the other hand...she made a lot of money and mom, Kris Jenner, defending her on the Today show and then immediately promoting her new book didn't sit well with me..they seem to be a money and fame whoring family all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment