Friday, March 2, 2012

Just can't drink like I used to...

my sister and I were talking about the toll that drinking takes on us now that we're in our 30's. Last Saturday night kicked our butts...it took me a whole 24 hours to recover..the sister needed 48 hours.

My sister recounted her Sunday night as follows...I'm not sure why I find this rendition of her night so funny..but from the way I was feeling on Sunday...I can TOTALLY relate...

"I put on sunglasses and got in my car. I went to the Taco Bell drive thru because I was looking too rough to get out of the car and not feeling McDonalds. I ordered a bunch of crap. I went home, scarfed it down, watched the Oscars and went to bed. I woke up the next morning, weighed myself and gained 6 lbs"

Yup...we're not invincible and 22 anymore..but looking at the big picture, I'd much rather be 33 with little tolerance than rewind back to my 20's!

2 comments:

  1. It's been a while since I've had much more than a glass or two of wine, but I imagine I'd be in the same boat. But probably would have gained like 10 lbs ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree and think I have had that same Sunday experience.

    ReplyDelete