Sunday, September 12, 2010

Hardwood Floor Cleaner Rave...


Our whole upstairs is hardwood floors. God Bless the previous owners of this house. They knocked down walls and ripped up this terrible cobalt blue carpeting that covered our, now, living room and dining room area. I love hardwoods floors. The pet hair forms tumbleweeds that are easy to sweep up, messes don't sink in, and they give the rooms a nice polished look. The hardwoods are in our kitchen as well, which has proven to be more of a challenge.

I've tried so many products to clean them. I started with my regular ole all purpose cleaner, Mr. Clean. It left them dull and they barely looked clean. I took a trip to my local Walmart to buy some Pledge hardwood floor cleaner. Hey, Pledge should know their wood products since that's what the cleaner is designed for. But, it didn't cut it. I went through some Old English hardwood floor cleaner and then tried my new go-to all purpose cleaner, Mrs. Meyers. All either left a tacky residue, didn't do anything, or left a film.

While visiting my dad and step-mother, they mentioned a product they found, that was environmentally friendly and they were very pleased with. They introduced me to BONA. I, honestly, had never heard of this cleaner. I looked for it at Target, Walmart, and my local grocery stores. Mr. Allan found it at Home Depot and my parents buy it at Bed, Bath, and Beyond (don't forget your 20% off coupons!!)

We gave it a whirl yesterday and I am impressed. I vacuumed all our floors and got down on my hand and knees with the spray bottle. I used a rag to wash the floors, but apparently there's a whole polishing kit swiffer like tool that goes with it.

This left the floors clean, polished looked and no residue behind. Sorry Mrs. Meyers, I'm normally a fan, but Bona is better! There's also a hard wood floor polish. After washing the floors, I haven't gone down the polish road yet..mostly because my cats were interested in what I was doing and all over me.....so Bona polish reviews in the near future!

Here's more info and a coupon (ughh...I hate to pay full price where there's a coupon floating around...next time!)

http://www.mybonahome.com/home.html

No comments:

Post a Comment