Sunday, August 29, 2010

Easy Sweets


I needed a quick easy home baked good. My boss passed on a recipe for Blondies to me when I first started working with her. It's simple, easy, doesn't have a ton of ingredients and usually gets rave reviews. You don't feel guilty making something out of box, as this recipe is super simple for a great baked good made from scratch!

Anne's Blondies

(Note- I always double this recipe!)

Preheat oven to 350

1/4 cup of unsalted butter (melted)
1 cup light brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp of pure vanilla extract
3/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup of chocolate chips

Melt butter in the microwave for 30 seconds. Mix melted butter and brown sugar together. Let mixture cool and sift together flour, baking powder, and salt.

Once butter/sugar is cool, add in egg and vanilla. Slowly mix in dry ingredients. Add chocolate chips.

Grease or spray a 9 by 13 pan (spray well!!). smooth mixture into pan (just a note--it's a pretty thin layer --don't be worried!)

Bake for 25-27 minutes. Just be careful not to overbake. I did once and the large amount of brown sugar makes these like bricks if you overbake them! I blame it on our old crappy oven in our beloved Newport apt!)

Once these puppies are cool, I run a butter knife or spatula along the edges of the pan and shake it out onto a cutting board.

So easy, most of these ingredients I have in the pantry at all times and a crowd pleaser!

No comments:

Post a Comment