Monday, August 16, 2010

Dish Soap Wars

I've been trying to make an effort to use "greener" products at home. I use so many papertowels and cleaning agents with harmful chemicals in them. I do most of my grocery shopping at specialty grocery stores like Whole Foods and Trader Joe's. So, I've been picking up products here and there testing them out.

My first household product war.......

Trader Joe's Next to Godliness Dish Soap


VS.

Mrs. Meyer's Dish Soap
 The Verdict:

While I'm a huge fan of Trader Joe's, their dish soap doesn't cut it. It smells wonderful, the price is right, but this stuff just doesn't sud up. I use my little dish soap wand and often wonder if I need a new wand. I've purchases 2 bottles of it. The first time I was disappointed, then I saw it in the store again and decided to give it one more try.

I currently have 3/4 of a bottle under the sink and went out and bought some Mrs. Meyers. Mrs. Meyer's has a great scent, (Lemon Verbana is my favorite!) and it suds nice and lasts a long time.

Sorry Trader Joe's :(. I will still faithfully buy my frozen organic vegetables, organic brown rice, fair trade organic coffee, whole wheat pizza dough and steel cut oats from you! But...Mrs. Meyer's dish soap takes the prize on this one!

1 comment:

  1. Good to know! I just picked up the Mrs. Meyer's Shower Cleaner in the Lavender scent and so far so good!

    ReplyDelete