Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Meaningful Beauty

who knew that I would stumble upon a skincare line from an informercial. who knew I would LOVE this stuff and have a big fear that it will disappear from shelves and I won't know what to do with myself. I'm not big on the informercial watching...but this past spring I went through a downright terrible time with my complexion. I'm 33...I honestly thought the days of zit cream and acne were over now that I've moved onto gray hair and wrinkle worries. To my dismay..last winter and spring things got bad...so bad that one day I contemplated calling out sick to work because I was too embarrassed to show my face. It got so bad I called my doctor to see what magic she could suggest.

Then...a little fairy god mother esthetician friend of mine had a suggestion. She had a friend in the field who suggested a product to her...it was this stuff...Meaningful Beauty by Cindy Crawford.
I know you've probably flipped by the informercial with Cindy Crawford and her French dermatologist and his magic melons that he uses in this stuff. It sounds a little phooey. But, on the recommendation of a skin care professional who had first hand knowledge of the woes of my complexion..I figured what do I have to lose? I will admit, I don't love all the products and really hate that it's the tv offer where you have to sign up and they just ship the next month's supply to you. so, there's a way around it. Some Sephora stores are now carrying a little sample size kit for $49 as well as the full sized products that you can buy individually. I have 2 Sephora's near me..a big one inside a big mall, and a little one inside a JC Penney. The little one has this kit which came the cleanser, serum, day cream, and night cream. These "sample" sizes lasted me for over a month.

The only product from the sample kit I could without was the cleanser. It was a nice cleanser but there was nothing special about it. After using this for the past 6 months or so I've noticed a dramatic difference in my skin. Before I was breaking out..and not just blemishes here and there..they were the ones you could feel under your skin for days and days that erupted on your face. My doctor coined this as my "hormonal" acne..thanks doc. Those breakouts have disappeared and the look and feel of my complexion has really turned around. These products have had just a really calming effect on my skin.

My go to products that I purchased at my Sephora inside my local JC Penney (weird that the bigger one isn't carrying this stuff yet..but whatever) are the Antioxidant Day Cream with SPF 20, the Glowing Serum, and the Night Cream. This trifeca of products I, now, cannot live without. There are additional products like eye cream etc that I have yet to try. I have also found some products on amazon and ebay (if you can deal with the auctions etc..I'm too impatient to) and do offer a little bit of a discount. My skin care estetician friend fortunately didn't have the bad complexion woes I did, but instead had rosacea issues which this helped tremendously with as well. I know it's not targeted for acne issues and I think I had a pretty good skin care regimen before with products from Kinerase and Philosophy. I also like that these products handle the anti-aging thing for me to..any anti aging product I bought before..from serums to night creams..really really dried me out.

So..a little review of a product I'm loving. I suggested it to a friend who was having similar issues...she's a month in and liking it to!

No comments:

Post a Comment