Friday, June 4, 2010

It's officially Polo season

I learned many interesting things living in Newport, Rhode Island. Some things, like island mentality...aka not leaving the mass of land we lived on even though we live in the smallest state in the United States, stick with me.

I also met alot of interesting people..the Newport crew as I call them. We still vacation, dinner and hang out with them quite often. One of my favorite activities we were introduced to was Polo. I can say it wasn't a sport that interested me whatsoever. I think of polo and I think of Prince Harry and William and their girlfriends with large hats on. But, don't knock it til you try it!



The Newport Polo Club opens its season with the USA vs. Dominican Republic this weekend. We've reserved our spot on the field for the best part of polo- tailgating.

So ladies, throw on your sundresses, grab your bottles of chilled pinot grigio and make a cheese platter. We'll see you at the polo field many times this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment