Sunday, March 28, 2010

How it all began.......

When all my friends immediately started to settle down in college and right after graduation, there came a time when I thought, this long term relationship stuff just isn't for me. I graduated and moved back to my home state of Rhode Island. I started law school and who knew that I had met my future husband.

I wish I had some cool story of how it was love at first site, he swept me off my feet and we knew it was "IT" right away. But....to tell you the truth, I was the wild let's go out every night college gal and he was a young professional and it was off and on in the beginning.

Once law school came to an end, I graduated, took bar exams, and things became more serious. I was employed at my first job, then moved to my current job and before I knew moved right in with him to our beloved apartment in downtown Newport.

That's where the future kind of all began....we made so many great friends for the 5-6 years we spend in that apartment. We walked to many downtown bars, attended many a St. Patty Day Parades, and Halloween become our official favorite holiday.

Here are some pics pulled our from our trip down memory lane......


This is Bill and I in our early years at my Barrister's Ball....scary yet suave at the same time!




The annual hiking trip to Tuckerman's Ravine...my favorite part...the rest stop with the NH Liquor Store!



The Newport Storm Pub Crawl pre party @ Gary and Nic's old house...who knew Bill would make such a sexy Colonel Sanders


One of many parade days down in Newport...we've yet to miss one..rain or shine!



Our Martha's Vineyard annual trip...you'd have to go to understand this picture and our colorful togas



Crusing the high seas...Bill in his dreaded parrot shirt...I LOATHE this shirt. It's typically saved for smoking a cigar in Martha's Vineyard on Hawaiian shirt night..but it made a guest appearance on our cruise.



A more recent picture...Bill's gone from beer to Bombay Sapphire martinis since I've known him and I've gone from overly highlighted blond to my newer brunette locks!



Here's the place it kind of sort of all began...our beloved Vaughan Ave apartment. It wasn't this yellow when we lived here but we couldn't help making a stop by on our engagement pic shoot last summer....ahh the memories.

All in all, it's been one heck of a ride. It boggles my mind to think that I was a mere 21 years old, starting a new chapter of my life called adulthood when I met Bill. Who knew it would end like this! With me, becoming Mrs. Allan.

No comments:

Post a Comment