Monday, December 17, 2012

It's hard to believe that the last time I blogged, I was sitting behind a computer practically nine months pregnant..probably complaining about something or other. The blog took a hit because I've had my hands full! It's hard to believe that exactly one month ago Mr. Allan and I were sitting in the hospital tapping our feet at the induction that didn't go according to plan and anxiously awaiting the arrival of our little girl.

To make a long story short..because I can never tell a story briefly...after being in the hospital for 20 hours with induction techniques not working in our favor, Mr. Allan and I were waiting to be transferred to labor and delivery to start fun IV drugs like pitocin to get this baby out of me. Well, labor and delivery was backed up for hours and hours. We were going to be transferred at 5am, then 8, then 10, then it was noon or 1. Come 3:30pm, Mr. Allan was hungry and went to get food. I was resting..mostly because we were bored out of our minds, had done a million laps around the hospital at that point, watched all our netflix dvds, and got to the point where Mr. Allan started downloading free games on his phone. About 15 minutes later, I went into labor on my own....it was like a bat out of hell with contractions painfully two minutes apart. I cried (I didn't think I was that big of a wimp, but man...they hurt), Mr. Allan ran to get a nurse, and low and behold..labor and delivery suddenly had a room for us. Good thing..because baby was here about 3 hours later!

Our daughter, Hadley, was born on November 17. I always swore I wouldn't share these delivery room shots..but I'm sure I'll be eating a lot stuff I swore I would never do....plus my kiddo is too cute not to share!


Life hasn't been quite the same. I'd like to thank all my friends who gave me tips about pregnancy, labor etc. I was told what to pack in the hospital bag and fun stuff like that. But, man...I feel like I could write a novel on the sh*t no one told me about labor, delivery, and recovery. Recovery was tough! I'll save my husband the embarrassment of publishing the stuff I've been talking about on my blog. I've just come to the conclusion that no one tells you the nitty gritty details about why exactly you should invest in a jumbo sized bottle of witch hazel and what a sitz bath is.

But..as everyone tells you..it's worth it. Things get easier every day. You learn something new about how to handle something everyday. It's so crazy to think that a month has already gone by. We're at the point where our once little 7lb baby is now outgrowing her newborn clothes, holding her head up for 20-30 seconds at a time. She can focus her eyes and recognizes my voice..probably because she associates it with dinnertime. It's been so fun to see her grow and to see her capture her daddy's heart. While I could do without the fussy fits at 2, 3, and 4am..she's worth the sleepless nights!

Happy one month to our Hadley! (I have no clue how people get their kids to sit up for these cute photo ops....)

 so we had to do one on the changing table as well


 and lastly...Hadley decided to celebrate the one month mark with her most monumental blow out yet...of course she decided to poo out the back of her diaper and up her back when her pops was out getting his haircut...fair to say I think this onesie is done!

5 comments: